|Season 1, Episode 5|
|Air date||Saturday 5th March, 2011|
|The Missing Coach||New Beginnings|
Running Solo is the fifth episode of Season 1.
The Skarloey Railway has two engines, Skarloey and Rheneas. They have to run the railway on their own, and struggle with the work. Then, things become worse when Skarloey has an accident with a lorry, leaving Rheneas to run the whole railway on his own.
Gordon meets Rheneas at Crovan's Gate and, after he hears about Rheneas' predicament, comes up with a solution. He pitches the solution to The Fat Controller and he puts the idea into action.
- Sir Charles Topham Hatt
- Mr. Ivo Hugh
- Skarloey (does not speak)
- Slate Trucks (do not speak)
- Edward (cameo)
- Henry (cameo)
- James (mentioned)
- Duck (mentioned)
- This episode marks the first appearances of Skarloey and Rheneas.
- The Railway Series story, Henry and the Elephant, is referenced.
- Smudger appears in the end credits, but he is not in any of the episodes.
- Trainz junction arrows can be seen.