|Season One, Episode Three|
|Air date||Saturday 19th February, 2011|
|Limits||The Missing Coach|
Tolerance is the third episode of Season 1.
Diesel arrives to help with the work, much to the other engines' chagrin. The next day, Douglas is waiting to take his passenger train, and Diesel does not make the waiting game easy for him. At Knapford, Douglas complains to The Fat Controller, who tells him that is is essential to have him until Gordon and Donald get back from Crewe and Crovan's Gate respectively.
At Elsbridge, Percy's cylinders fail, leaving his train of milk tankers out in the sun. Luckily, Patrick arrives to remove the tankers and take Douglas' passengers, leaving the Scottish engine available to help Percy to the works. That night, Douglas returns to the sheds to find the turntable blocked by trucks. Diesel refuses to let the engines in.
Patrick arrives and confronts Diesel. The Fat Controller angrily scolds Diesel and sends him away, just as Gordon arrives. The next morning, Donald comes home and Patrick returns to British Railways shortly after.
- Donald and Douglas
- Sir Charles Topham Hatt
- Henry (does not speak)
- Troublesome Trucks (do not speak)
- Daisy (cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (cameo)
- British Railways Controller (mentioned)
- Stock footage from Limits is used.
- This episode marks the first appearances of Thomas, Daisy and Annie and Clarabel.
- When Thomas asks Douglas what happened, he says it in a Scottish accent.
- The narrator says "Thomas was right.", when it should've been "Douglas was right.", since Douglas pointed out that the milk tankers would go off in the sun..
- Trainz junction arrows can be seen.